Angels of Hope is dedicated to raising funds to find and make available a non-toxic cure for brain cancer. Our efforts will help defeat GBM (Glioblastoma Multiforme), the most common and deadly brain tumor for both adults and children.
Our scientists at the CHEO Research Institute in Ottawa, Ontario are currently designing a non-toxic viral treatment for cancer that utilizes molecular genetics to kill cancer cells while leaving healthy cells untouched. This therapy will be used specifically to treat GBM. The CHEO team has chosen to attack GBM knowing that if a solution can be found for GBM then a solution can easily be translated into treatments for other kinds of cancers.
The Synergy Data Centres Angels of Hope Invitational Charity Golf Classic is our main fundraising event as we try and lend a hand to this very worthwhile research.
From the Research Team
The CHEO Research team is feverishly working away at several different approaches to combat cancer. They are leaving no stone unturned. The CHEO team picked Glioblastoma (GBM) because it is an aggressive and deadly form of brain cancer. It is one of the toughest cancers to treat, and effects both kids and adults.
Supporting Cancer research that uses virus therapy to kill the cancer not chemotherapy. Currently the CHEO scientists are seeing virus therapy kill cancer within 5 days in the lab – this is ground-breaking news
The development of this ground breaking molecular genetics approach could result in a virus treatment for paediatric cancer
- With support form the Government, CHEO Research Institute is able to move to pediatric trials for Neuroblastoma cells that are currently being tested in adults. This is a big step forward in treating children who suffer from this often fatal disease.
- $1 million of the money dedicated to biotherapies will be used to move one of the CHEO team’s viruses to a clinical trial in adults This is exciting to be able to fast track the testing of this new non-toxic therapy.
This is very big news for us. You can see the direct impact that money can have. The research will benefit children and in fact, this research will benefit kids and adults alike! Cancer doesn’t discriminate – neither do the solutions.
The Angels of Hope volunteer Board of Directors consists of:
- Chairman – Mark DeGruchy
- Honorary Co-Chair – Wade Redden
- Honorary Co-Chair – Chris Neil
- Honorary Co-Chair – Nick Foligno
- CEO – Dan Fried
- CFO – Steve Sloan